Mastering Physician Queries in the Hospital Setting
March 04, 2015 11:00am MT
Join Pamela Haney, CPC, CIC and Christopher G Richards, RHIA, BA, BSHIM as they discuss the art of mastering physician queries in the hospital setting, including when a query occurs and its role in the documentation process.
Learn more about this event
Coders have a fiduciary responsibility to get documentation right. Physician querying is a vital part of the documentation process. These steps can be difficult for coders to master. The querying of physician occurs for several reasons: clarification of documentation to ensure DRG optimization; resolving contradictions to address inconsistent information; and completeness to ensure data quality.
This presentation will overview documentation expectations, the query process, methods of auditing, and monitoring and maintaining a compliant physician query process.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.68 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person