The Ins and Outs of Joint Replacements
April 18, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
With patients receiving total joint replacements at an earlier age and patients living longer, there are many scenarios related to reporting the appropriate CPT codes and modifiers for joint replacements. This webinar, in addition to replacements and revisions, will look at case studies involving post-operative infections in the global period as well as anytime in the patient's lifetime.
Why is this topic important?
These procedures are more difficult than many other procedures performed by the orthopaedic surgeon. Correct coding is critical to obtain the proper reimbursement.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Coders, Surgeons, Scribes, Surgery Schedulers
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
There is an abundance of information and opinions on how these procedures should be reported. In this webinar, we will look at what CMS and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons say, and apply their guidelines for best coding practices.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will have the specific guidelines and AAOS information to report these services and what can be reported for these services. They will also learn the use of modifiers, and how they affects expected reimbursement.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
At HIS, we are a revenue cycle management company that only services orthopaedic and musculoskeletal specialties, and currently service approximately 200 physicians and other providers. She lives this coding on a daily basis as the Coding Educator. If there is a coding situation for these procedures, she most likely has seen it.
About The Author
Lynn M Anderanin, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, COSC
Lynn has 40 years’ experience in all areas of the physician practice, specializing in Orthopaedics. She is currently a Workshop and Audio Presenter. She is a former member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) National Advisory Board, as well as several other boards for AAPC. She is also the founder of her Local Chapter of the AAPC – celebrating their 25th Anniversary in 2021.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.24 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page