Coding By the Skin of Your…Skin: Coding CPT® and ICD-10 in Your Dermatology Practice
Learn more about this event
Attendees of this webinar can expect a fun and informative hour with Tyler Griffeth, Technical Manager in Professional Coding and Reimbursement at Intermountain Health Care. If you have ever tried Dermatological coding you likely understand the several complexities that come with the territory. The webinar will address: E&Ms, modifier 25, biopsy, excision, full body skin checks – with biopsy, AKs, SKs MOHS and more. There will be interesting discussions regarding diagnosis coding, payer policy (including CMS), and pathophysiology throughout the presentation.
Why is this topic important?
There are a lot of troublesome policies, and coding principles surrounding dermatological coding, which can make getting claims paid appropriately a challenge. This presentation will give attendees knowledge and coding/billing tidbits that will help make their practice successful.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Physicians, Managers, coders and billing staff that work in Dermatology/Plastic Surgery/Wound/Pediatrics/ Family Practice/Internal Medicine/Geriatrics and Podiatry clinics that deal with dermatological procedures and services.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will have a better understanding of the coding principles in Dermatology coding. They will gain more confidence in understanding the situations where coding certain code combinations is appropriate. Attendees will go away with valuable tips based on payer policy and leave with a better understanding of diagnosis coding for dermatological conditions.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Tyler Griffeth led the coding team at Intermountain Health Care for years performing internal coding and documentation audits, teaching more than a dozen dermatologists and their APs and NPs about coding policy and principles, with an emphasis on mitigating risk and appropriately increasing revenue through correct coding. He has held multiple AAPC certifications for more than 12 years and presented at numerous local, regional and national coding conferences. Truly a coding Nerd.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.49 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page