Common Ophthalmology Billing Denials
February 24, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Ophthalmology coding can be confusing. There is a need to determine whether to bill vision benefits or medical benefits. Proper reimbursement is essential, verifying that denials and rejections are managed in a timely manner. This session will review the Account Receivable cycle and look at common denials, payer policies and trends.
Why is this topic important?
This topic is important to understand the typical denials that are received in Ophthalmology and will help you find ways to work the denial.
Who would benefit from this topic?
This presentation was designed for entry level billing team members, but seasoned billers may pick up a few items out of the presentation as well. It will also help for managers that are not in the billing sector to understand more about the denial reasons.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
You will take away what the common denials are and what some of the bundled codes are. They will also learn about the clearinghouse and why it's important to work the clearinghouse rejections.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Tracy has 25 years of experience in medical billing, coding and administration. She also 15 years of experience in the Ophthalmology specialty and enjoys deep diving into the billing world and finding trends that can be corrected.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.08 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person