Dare to Disagree - the Path to Better Coding Compliance
January 14, 2015 11:00am MT
Be ready for a note from CMS looking for repayment of 2013 fee-for-service funds. This webinar helps you safeguard revenue while focusing on patient care.
Learn more about this event
Under the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Act of 2010 (IPERA), Medicare has launched an aggressive campaign to get back the $6.48 billion that they believe was paid incorrectly for fee-for-service claims involving coding in 2013. So, if you haven't yet received a notification from CMS looking for repayment of these funds, you are likely to receive one soon. This session will discuss the best practices, and most effective safeguards to implement, in order to ensure compliance while minimizing distractions from patient care.
About The Author
Stephanie Cecchini, CHISP, CPC, CEMC
Stephanie Cecchini, CPC, CEMC, CHISP
Vice President, Coding Operations at Aviacode
Stephanie joined Aviacode in 2012 where she continues her commitment to best serve the revenue cycle management needs of physicians and the healthcare community. She is an executive level healthcare operations expert with significant & broad ambulatory healthcare business experience with emphasis on multi-specialty physician groups, hospitals and payers. She has extensive experience in using data to drive payer audits. Stephanie has developed E/M audit selection algorithms to identify physician coding errors and recoup overpayments for both federal and commercial payers. She brings more than eighteen years’ involvement in healthcare regulations including: coding and billing compliance, HIPAA privacy, security, and transactions, and HITECH meaningful use compliance. Previously, Stephanie served as SVP at the American Society of Health Informatics Managers, working to fill the needs of physicians adopting Health IT and at its sister organization, AAPC as VP, Product Management. In prior roles she served as Chief Audit Officer for Parses, assuring physician audit accuracy and quality control for payer driven recovery audits of professional fees and was responsible for driving sales & managing new audit programs. As a public speaker and published writer, she is a nationally respected advocate of fair and proper payment for medical services.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 96.60 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page