Emerging Coding Implications for Pharmacist Integration in New Care Delivery Systems
February 17, 2021 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
The purposes of this Webinar is to provide the AAPC coding community with an overview of pharmacists’ patient care roles and responsibilities in evolving healthcare delivery systems, and to discuss the health reporting and billing implications of pharmacist integration in fee-for-service and value-based financing.
You Will Learn To:
* Describe the evolution of pharmacists’ patient care responsibilities from dispensing medications to assuming responsibilities for patients’ drug therapy outcomes using the National Library of Medicine’s - Pharmacy Practice Activity Classification taxonomy.
* Understand health reporting nomenclature for pharmacists’ professional services assigned in Current Procedural Terminology as Medication Therapy Management Services.
* Discuss challenges and success in coding pharmacists’ patient care services, and in obtaining reimbursement for these services.
1) Overview of pharmacists’ evolving professional responsibilities described in the four domains of, Ensuring Appropriate Therapy and Outcomes, Dispensing Medications and Devices, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and Health Systems Management as codified in the National Library of Medicine’s - Pharmacy Practice Activity Classification system at: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/sourcereleasedocs/current/PPAC/index.html
2) Historical review of pharmacists’ professional services from the clinical pharmacist movement in hospitals (1960’s) to contemporary practice models in which pharmacists assume responsibility for patients’ medication use outcomes through collaborative drug therapy management authority in a variety of practice settings.
3) Summary of literature on the clinical, economic, and humanistic outcomes of pharmacist integration in high performing healthcare delivery and financing systems.
4) Description of the service using official health reporting nomenclature of CPT -Medication Therapy Management Services, including development of a profession-wide consensus on the pharmacists’ patient care process.
5) Overview of pharmacists’ clinical documentation, access to electronic health records, development of eCare Plan standards, and alignment with SNOMED-CT architecture.
6) Review of national and state reimbursement requirements for pharmacists’ professional services in both government and commercial payer programs.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.51 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person