Fine-tuning your Documentation for Medical Necessity in Plastic Surgery
February 07, 2019 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Join us for an in-depth look at Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery coding with a focus on medical necessity in documentation in order to meet the CPT® requirements. Look forward to an engaging presentation including information regarding plastics related CPT® and ICD-10 codes. Attendees can expect to learn a greater understanding of plastic surgery codes, the work these codes represent, ICD-10 coding typically associated with Cosmetic Plastic Surgery, relevant payer expectations, national coding guidelines, and documentation recommendations for fulfilling medical necessity. -ICD-10 coding typically associate with cosmetic and medically necessary Plastic Surgery
-Some relevant payer expectations regarding these codes
-National coding guidelines that effect the way these codes can be reported
-A greater understanding of these codes and the work they represent
-Documentation recommendations for fulfilling medical necessity
Why is this topic important?
Many practices are not aware of when many procedures can be considered medically necessary rather than merely cosmetic. Knowing the details regarding what payers will require or expect when pre-authorizing or submitting documentation to a payer can mean the difference between being reimbursed appropriately for services physicians have provided, and being denied.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Anyone currently working in a plastic surgeon’s office, including physicians.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
From financial and compliance perspectives. This might also help a practice’s PR, as they will be able to appropriately tell patients when to expect that a payer will pay for a procedure and when they likely not.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have nearly 13 years coding experience. I am CPRC certified. I work in Utah which has one of the highest cosmetic surgeries per-capita in the USA. Finally, as a Technical Manager and Coding Consultant at Intermountain Health Care, I support physicians from all walks of the plastic surgery spectrum, from oculoplastic - to hand surgeons.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.50 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page