The Four Elements of Spine Coding
March 07, 2018 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Surgical procedures for the spine are complex and may be the most difficult procedures for facilities to code and obtain proper reimbursement. This presentation breaks down the process of spine coding into “four” elements, allowing the coder to capture the important details of the procedure being performed. Attendees of this presentation will have a better understanding, and through process, on what to look for when coding spine procedures.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Spine Coders, Billers, Appeal Specialists, Billing Managers, Spine Surgeons
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
They would have a better understand of spine procedures as well as a thought process of the spine for these procedures.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Attendees will have a better understanding of what to look for while reading and coding operative notes for spine surgeries.
Why is the presenter the expert on this topic?
I have been working in the spine reimbursement industry for 30 years. My focus has been not only working through the coding obstacles of spine reimbursement, but also overcoming the reimbursement hurdles. I founded Business Dynamics RCM in 1997, a revenue cycle firm dedicate to the spine industry. BD-RCM continues to succeed by expanding our operations, developing staff efficiency and providing the continuous training and skills needed to develop top agents in the field of Spine Coding and Reimbursement. This is demonstrated in the operational structure that promotes the detailed services needed to fully maximize reimbursement while remaining compliant with the ever changing business of spine. These services include coding by our certified spine coding team, swift submission of claims, analysis of every surgical claims, aggressively appealing incorrect payments and denials and encouraging state agency and insurance executive office assistance when carriers do not comply with policy or industry guidelines.
- The diagnosis; the reason for the surgery.
- How are you getting there, what approach?
- Where is the anatomical location?
- What is it that you are doing?
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.36 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person