What's Happening with DME in 2017?
January 25, 2017 11:00am MT
Learn the 2017 changes to DME coding and related regulations.
Learn more about this event
This presentation will review the latest changes, guidelines, and documentation requirements in the world of Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
Why is this topic important?
DME continues to be a target for fraud, waste, and abuse. Providers, entities, and suppliers do not always understand the importance of diagnoses, place of service, and coding criteria for billing and supporting DME purchased and/or ordered.
Who would benefit from this topic?
All medical offices, entities, coders, DME suppliers, or anyone who handles or audits DME.
How would this benefit the individual and/or their company?
Keeping on top of the DME coding rules and changes can help keep the facilities from being a target as an outlier for audits.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
2017 changes to DME, documentation checklists, provider responsibility, supplier responsibility the rules have and are continuing to change.
Why are you the expert on this topic?
I work for a payor and DME is a huge target across the board. I love DME and want everyone to understand that DME is easy to understand, the guidelines are there and keeping your practice up to date on these guidelines and changes can keep you off the radar from OIG entities, payor audits, etc.
Attendees will learn:
- What requirements must the DME Supplier keep on file in case of an audit.
- The latest updates and changes in the world of DME
- What requirements the provider must have in their file to support medical necessity in their record
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 94.01 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
Annual Webinar Subscription
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 120+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page
*prices are for members, non-members add $155 per person